Pages

Friday 30 December 2016

Summer Blogging

Activity 1
When you walk into the local gallery, the first piece of artwork that you see is a painting by Wassily Kandinsky called ‘Swinging.’
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Swinging by Wassily.jpg
http://www.wassilykandinsky.net/work-251.php
While you are looking at it, a staff member at the gallery comes up to you and asks you for your opinion of the painting. What do you think of it?
On your blog please tell us:
  1. What do you think of this painting? Do you like it?
  2. If you could buy it and give it to someone, who would you choose?
I would like the painting and I would think that the painting is beautiful and creative. If I bought the painting and I could give it to someone I would give it to my mother because she gives me what I need and I would give it to her as my gift.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Maris Stella,

    I think that you are showing great kindness and consideration by offering to give this painting to your mum. I am sure that she will love it!

    It is very bright and bold, isn't it? I really like artwork that is dramatic and a little bit unusual and I think that this piece by Wassily Kandinsky is very unusual, abstract and bold.

    Keep up the great work with you blogging. I hope that you, your mom and your entire family will have a really lovely evening together as you celebrate the end of 2016.

    I'll look forward to blogging with you in the new year (i.e. tomorrow)!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Maris!

    I'm Mark, another teacher working with Rachel on the Summer Learning Journey. I've been looking after some other schools, so it's exciting to come visit some other students blogs!

    I really like this activity and really enjoyed your answer. You sound like a lovely daughter to your mum. Did you know that the last painting by this artist was sold for nearly $30million? That is crazy! If I had that much money I would by my family some houses. What would you do?

    Kia kaha! Keep up the great work! I look forward to reading more of your blogs!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete